This week @raelee joined us for her monthly appearance to talk about a few of the new and returning summer reality and scripted shows that just started up again.
We talked about the following eight shows:
- Switched at Birth – S.1 Ep.1, “This Is Not a Pipe” & Ep.2, “American Gothic”
- White Collar – S.3 Ep.1, “On Guard” & Ep.2, “Where There's a Will”
- Covert Affairs – S.2 Ep.1, “Begin the Begin” & Ep.2, “Good Advices”
- Franklin & Bash – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot,” Ep.2, “She Came Upstairs to Kill Me,” & Ep.3, “Jennifer of Troy”
- Falling Skies – S.1 Ep.1, “Live and Learn” & Ep.2, “The Armory” (2hr Series Premiere) – Rae mentioned Greg Beeman's Blog about the show.
- The Killing – S.1 Ep.13, “Orpheus Descending” (Season Finale)
- The Protector – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” & Ep.2, “Spoon”
- The Glades – S.2 Ep.1, “Family Matters,” Ep.2, “Old Ghosts,” & Ep.3, “Lost and Found”
Amrie's Reality Check
Amrie and Rae discussed The Glee Project, So You Think You Can Dance, Food Network Star, MasterChef, Platinum Hit and touched on The Real Housewives of New Jersey and the blog that Jay Mohr is writing for Bravo about the show.
TV on DVD Picks
For TV on DVD sets being released on Tuesday, June 28th:
Jason – Warehouse 13: Season 2
Amrie & Rae – Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete First Season in addition to W13: S.2.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (23.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
In addition to the player above or iTunes etc., you can now listen to TV times Three via @MediaFly or @StitcherRadio. They both have apps that you can download from your phone's app store that allow you to listen to podcasts via streaming audio, so you don't have to download the whole thing before you start listening. MediaFly actually lets you listen via all types of devices.
What did you think about the first season finale of The Killing? What about the rift between Peter and Neal on White Collar? Are you watching any of the new summer shows like Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, The Protector, Switched at Birth or others? Do you agree with Amrie and Rae about The Glee Project? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter, or Like us on Facebook.
So excited to get to listen on Stitcher!!!!!
Glee Project vs Glee – I like it for the same reason you do – it’s about the music and not some crap fake story. BUT, did you see that spoiler from Ryan Murphy that there are going to focus more on CHARACTER S3? What? All I know is that if there is even MORE Creepy Mr Shue, I won’t be able to watch.
SYTYCD-Why dies everyone hate Iveta? Because she is not 19? The fact that she (they) got the Quickstep in round 1 and then Bollywood in round 2? While not perfect these are both usually saved for top 10. I assume she and Nick are getting harder choreography because she is a world champion. I would love to see her do contemporary. So far, I just hate Ryan (that smile is driving me nuts!) and the “sexy” girls.
So happy that everyone is on The Glades bandwagon! I also liked Falling Skies and I don’t hate Switched at Birth. I am watching Franklin and Bash and don’t hate it either. But I usually don’t get to it until Friday or Saturday.