This week Carla (@CarlaDay) from CliqueClack.com TV joined us to talk about some cancellation and renewal news, preview CBS' Fall 2011 lineup, and talk about a couple of shows we've been watching this summer.
We talked about the following six news stories:
- MTV has canceled The Hard Times of R.J. Berger.
- TBS has canceled Lopez Tonight.
- Syfy announced that season five of Eureka will be its last after having previously announcing a sixth season only days earlier.
- Syfy has renewed Warehouse 13 for a fourth season.
- USA Network announce that season five of In Plain Sight will be its last.
- USA Network renewed Suits for a second season.
TV on DVD Picks for Tuesday, August 23rd
- Jason – Prime Suspect: Series 1 and Prime Suspect: Series 2
CBS Fall Preview 2011
We went through the week giving premiere dates for all CBS series and then gave our impressions of their new shows: 2 Broke Girls, Unforgettable, How to Be a Gentleman, Person of Interest, and A Gifted Man.
We talked about the following two shows:
- White Collar – S.3 Ep.10, “Countdown” (Summer Finale)
- The Lying Game – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (Series Premiere)
Amrie's Reality Check
Amrie gives her thoughts on Design Star, the winner of Food Network Star, and MasterChef.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (29.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Are you looking forward to any of CBS' new Fall 2011 offerings? What did you think about the summer finale of White Collar? What did you think about this week's guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter, or Like us on Facebook.
I enjoyed R.J. Berger enough to keep watching (though that may not mean anything as I’ve actually watched all 3 seasons of HawthoRNe and I have no idea why!)
As for the new CBS shows, from the ads I’ve seen, I’m not terribly interested in any of them. A Gifted Man looks particularly bad! The Person of Interest in the title is “Ben Linus”–if he wasn’t in this show, I’d probably have no interest in seeing it.
As always, pretty much agree with everything Amrie said in her reality check.
Enjoyed Carla as a guest host–she had some interesting insight and comments.