On Episode 141, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Megan Ward (@BaffledAddict) from TVIsMyPacifier.com and Keith McDuffee (@Gudlyf) from CliqueClack.com to talk about a few news items, play five TV questions, and then discuss Bunheads, Teen Wolf, and the series premiere of The Newsroom. Plus, a little FOX reality check.
Get to Know the Guest (00:00:51)
We asked Keith to talk about a bit about some of his favorite shows and what got him into blogging about TV.
We talked about the following three news stories:
- Outstanding Achievement in Fake Press Releases: CBS announces Dancing on the Stars
- CBS in Talks to Revive Unforgettable
- MTV Sets Premiere Date For Inbetweeners
5 TV Questions (00:12:10)
We answered the following five questions:
- What shows from this past TV season, if any, are stacked up on your DVR?
- How will you spend you summer TV-wise? Will you most likely be watching Summer shows, catching up on shows from this past season, or catching up with older shows via DVD/Netflix?
- What shows/panels/pressrooms are you most looking forward to at Comic-Con 2012?
- What Fall 2012 TV shows are you most looking forward to?
- What Midseason 2013 shows are you most looking forward to?
Listener Question (00:41:21)
We also answered the following question from Patty:
- How much of the Summer Olympics will you watch? Favorite Sport? Will you DVR it and fast-forward through much of it or watch live when you can?
We talked about the following three shows from the week of Monday, June 18th thru Sunday, June 24th:
- Bunheads – S.1 Ep.2, “For Fanny” (00:45:49)
- Teen Wolf – S.2 Ep.4, “Abomination,” (00:50:37)
- The Newsroom – S.1 Ep.1, “We Just Decided To” (Series Premiere) (00:56:58)
FOX Summer Reality Check (01:04:06)
Megan and Keith talked about Hell’s Kitchen, MasterChef and So You Think You Can Dance.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:13:27 — 33.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
What did you think about the first couple episodes of Bunheads? How about the series premiere of The Newsroom? Will you be watching the Summer Olympics? What will you be watching over the summer? What did you think about this week’s guests? Let us know what you think in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter, or Like us on Facebook.
Regarding the news discussion. The US version of The IT Crowd pilot is available on YouTube–and stars Joel McHale. It’s bad, but I wonder how Community would have changed if it had been picked up.
I loved the UK version of The Inbetweeners–it was 3 seasons and a movie. All 3 seasons are now available on Netflix and will be available on DVD soon, and the movie (finally) comes out in the US in September.
To answer the questions:
– Backed up on my DVR are 4 episodes each of Supernatural and The L.A. Complex. Will probably just delete LA Complex, and I loaded Supernatural onto the iPad for the SDCC flight (since I’ll plan to be at the panel). Just finally watched the IPS finale off my TiVo last week! 🙂
– For Summer doing a mix of clearing off DVR, catching up on movies/tv shows on BD/DVD (have a backlog that were sent for review) as well as watching screeners and new summer TV. Plan to try to squeeze in a Breaking Bad S4 BD re-watch this weekend.
– For SDCC, Breaking Bad panel is one I’m most excited for since it’s their first year–also Strike Back could be fun. Looking forward to the annual NBC Party as well as meeting up with other folks like you. I won’t be doing press rooms, but the panel schedule is really tough this year–so many great show overlaps, poor scheduling of panels into inappropriate rooms, and a really late start for the panels on Thursday.
– Fall TV (have only seen ABC, FOX, NBC screeners), mostly disappointed in the new crop of comedies. For dramas, most looking forward to Revolution, Last Resort and maybe Nashville.
– Mid Season TV–looking forward to The Following and Do No Harm (pleasantly surprised by the latter).
– For Olympics–televised sports delays are the bane of my TV-watching existence. I will not be watching/recording any Olympics.
The Bunheads premise is still a bit odd to me–no idea why it is named Bunheads if the focus is on the adults and not the kids. But I still enjoy that Gilmore Girls style show and will be watching. I really enjoyed The Newsroom and will also continue to watch that.
Agree with the talk about HK & MC–HK is horrible this year–hate these unlikable chefs. However, MC has been excellent–rooting for Christine and Felix.
Enjoyed the guests–good to hear Megan again, as well as a fellow Massachusetts person.
I am still liking Bunheads alot. I HATE the name. It’s just plain stupid. Since it’s summer, I am sure there is no chance of me deleting it.
I don’t have HBO but I got to watch The Newsroom last week while house sitting. I have warned my parents that I will be watching it when I come over now.
Stacked up on my DVR – 6 episodes of Lost Girl (S2) Not sure why. I like the show but it’s not calling to me right now. Also, Longmire seems to sit for a week. It’s just not on my list of things to watch during the week. I think I like it as a Sunday afternoon show.
As for summer catch up – I am almost done with S3 of Saving Grace. Maybe after that West Wing but it seems very daunting at the moment. So maybe the final season of Prison Break that I never watched. I am currently a movie whore too so movies every weekend with friends and popcorn are a must!
I am very much looking forward to all the news form Comic Con! I love to hear about all the shenanigans from all you guys. Plus NerdHQ stuff is really fun.