On episode 151, our 4th Anniverasy episode, Amrie (@mytakeontv), Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) talked about a couple of news stories, answered some listener feedback, and discussed the new and returning shows to CBS for Fall 2012 and recent episodes of Drop Dead Diva and Awkward. Plus, a Reality Check and some TV on DVD picks. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following:
- We briefly talked about this being our 4th Anniversary episode. Our first episode was posted on Sept. 23rd, 2008.
- A&E Renews The Glades for a Fourth Season
- Showtime Renews Episodes for a Third Season
- Jason guested on Ep.52 of the Antenna Free TV Podcast, where we talked about all 21 news shows premiering for Fall 2012.
Listener Feedback (00:06:04)
We thanked Angela for her iTunes review and mentioned recent Facebook fan page likers. Also, we answered a voicemail question from Katharine. She wanted to know why we don’t talk about very many CBS shows on the podcast?
CBS Fall TV Preview 2012 (00:09:05)
We went through the week and highlighted the CBS shows we are looking forward to returning for Fall 2012 including premiere dates, as well as gave our initial impressions of their new fall offerings: Partners, Vegas, Elementary and Made in Jersey.
We talked about the following two shows:
- Drop Dead Diva – S.4 Ep.13, “Jane’s Getting Married” (Season Finale) (00:32:51)
- Awkward. – S.2 Ep.11, “Once Upon a Blog” (00:40:58)
Amrie’s Reality Check (00:49:02)
We talked about The Great Food Truck Race.
TV on DVD Picks for Releases on Tuesday, September 25th (00:53:43)
- Amrie picked Family Guy, Volume Ten, because she is running a giveaway for it over at My Take on TV.
- Jason picked Portlandia: Season 2.
- Rae picked Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:03:13 — 29.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
What new CBS show are you most looking forward to watching? What about returning shows? What did you think of the penultimate of Awkward. season two? What did you think about the fourth season finale of Drop Dead Diva? Got any questions for us? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.
I’m going to create a drinking game for every time for Amrie says she hates something or someone. I’ll be drunk in no time at all.
Please have Rae on when you’re talking about shows not on CBS. The 2 women you had on last week were also very good and had interesting opinions. Also, after 4 yrs Amrie could use an upgraded mic. It’s time girl!
I like how you’ve devoted a show to each network.
Is it bad that I have Last Resort and Elementary both on my DVR and don’t feel any rush to get to them?
Molly, Love it.
Kyle the cord cutter, Would you believe the Amrie just got a new headset/mic? She did. I think it is not necessarily her mic, but where she records in her new place.
Patty, Not bad, really. But, Last Resort is pretty good and the next two episodes build on the premiere nicely.