On episode 204, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Jenny Rarden (@tvismypacifier) from TVIsMyPacifier.com to talk about some recent news, episodes of The Blacklist, Elementary, Ground Floor, Raising Hope, Almost Human and The Mentalist, and a reality check. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following four TV news stories:
- AMC renews Hell on Wheels for an expanded Season 4
- FXX Cancels Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell
- Last Comic Standing returning to NBC
- The Killing Lives! Netflix Orders 6-Episode Final Season of AMC's Cancelled Drama
We talked about the following six TV shows:
- The Blacklist – S.1 Ep.8, “General Ludd” (00:12:34)
- Elementary – S.2 Ep.8, “Blood Is Thicker” (00:26:06)
- Ground Floor – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot,” & Ep.2, “Off to the Races” (00:31:23)
- Raising Hope – S.4 Ep.1, “Déjà Vu Man,” & Ep.2, “Burt Bucks” (00:40:21)
- Almost Human – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (00:49:19)
- The Mentalist – S.6 Ep.7, “The Great Red Dragon” (00:59:47) – Americ's The Mentalist videos that Amrie mentioned on the podcast.
Amrie briefly talked about America’s Next Top Model, Survivor, The Amazing Race and MasterChef Junior.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:15:58 — 34.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
What did you think of the reveal, almost reveal, on The Blacklist? Are you glad they are bring the Red John storyline to an end on The Mentalist? Did you watch the premiere of Almost Human? What did you think of this week’s guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.
The Totally Biased cancellation was odd t be sure. I swear there is some missing component that we just don’t know about.
I suspect NBC is hoping people’s memories of Last Comic Standing will help pull in viewers for a season. They’ll probably kill it again and bring it back in another couple years. Wanda Sykes is an executive producer so maybe she’s got some unique take on it.
I’m glad for the fans that The Killing is coming back and I completely agree that Netflix could do very well by being the one to swoop in and resolve unfinished series. Personally, as one who does write ups of final episodes for my site, I am getting tired of doing summaries and then having to chuck them three months later because this show gets brought back to life again! lol