On episode 210, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Jenny Rarden (@tvismypacifier) from TVIsMyPacifier.com and Sam Maggs (@SamMaggs) of SamMaggs.com and weekend editor at GeekOSystem.com to discuss some TV news and recent episodes of Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, Bitten, Person of Interest, Grimm, and Helix. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We briefly talked about the following six TV news stories:
- Sofia Vergara's Killer Women Gets Pulled From Schedule Early for New Christian Slater Show
- The CW Cancels Breaking Pointe
- HBO Renews Real Time With Bill Maher for 13th Season
- NBC Thursday Forecast: Parks and Rec Is All But Renewed, Community Season 6 a Possibility
- Lisa Kudrow's Web Therapy Renewed at Showtime (Exclusive)
- CW orders Veronica Mars spinoff digital series
We talked about the following six TV shows:
- Almost Human – S.1 Ep.8, “You Are Here” (00:11:15)
- Sleepy Hollow – S.1 Ep.11, “The Vessel” (00:18:40)
- Bitten – S.1 Ep.1, “Summons” (00:25:36)
- Person of Interest – S.3 Ep.13, “4C” (00:35:08)
- Grimm – S.3 Ep.11, “The Good Soldier” (00:43:18)
- Helix – S.1 Ep.3, “274” (00:52:12)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:25 — 31.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Did FOX’s Almost Human airing episodes out of order bother you this week? What do you think of FOX’s Sleepy Hollow going into the season finale? Did you like the series premiere of Syfy’s Bitten? What do you think of NBC’s Grimm thus far? What did you think of this week’s guests? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.
Great Almost Human conversation. I am part of a fan group (that originally was about Fringe) helping to generate interest about the show. So I am probably looking through rose-colored glasses but there are many things I like about the show. In order to LOVE the show I will need some sort of overall arc and stakes to make me really excited. So putting these episodes out of order has really been a slap in the face at the fans and I am hoping when it comes back it starts to build towards that.
Love the rotating hosts on the podcast. Always a good discussion and listen.
Carl, thanks for listening. Glad you enjoy the podcast. We’ve got some great new guests coming in February. Totally agree that Almost Human needs some sort of overall arc to create some real stakes going forward.