On episode 212, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Carla Day (@CarlaDay) of BuddyTV, TV Fanatic and TV Diehard (@TVDiehard) and Tawny Fineran (@tawny_lynne) from the Vampire Diaries Podcast (@TVD_Podcast) and co-host of the The Originals on TV Talk to discuss some TV news, favorite Super Bowl XLVIII commericals, and recent episodes of Teen Wolf, The Originals, American Horror Story: Coven and The Vampire Diaries. Plus, some TV on DVD picks. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We briefly talked about the following five TV news stories:
- Cinemax renews Banshee for season 3
- FOX Renews Bones for Season 10, Moves Drama Back to Mondays
- NBC’s Sean Saves The World Cancelled, Shuts Down Production
- Chicago P.D. Gets Order for 2 More Episodes
- Haven Renewed for Supersized Season 5
Favorite Super Bowl XLVIII Commercials (00:13:37)
We each talked a bit about our favorite three commercials that debuted during the Super Bowl. They include Cheerios – Gracie, Doritos – Time Machine, Radio Shack – The Phone Call, Toyota – Big Game Ad Starring Terry Crews and The Muppets, Volkswagen – Wings, and more. You can watch all the commercials we talked about and the rest at Hulu Adzone IV.
We talked about the following four TV shows:
- Teen Wolf – S.3 Ep.16, “Illuminated” (00:32:49)
- The Originals – S.1 Ep.12, “Dance Back From the Grave” (00:50:58)
- American Horror Story: Coven – S.3 Ep.13, “The Seven Wonders” (01:05:23)
- The Vampire Diaries – S.5 Ep.12, “The Devil Inside” (01:16:46)
TV on DVD Picks for Releases on Tuesday, February 11th (01:31:40)
Jason, Carla and Tawny all picked The Americans: Season One.
Jason also picked Sherlock: Season Three.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:43:07 — 47.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Are you watching MTV’s Teen Wolf? What do you think of the The CW’s The Originals? Did you like the third season of FX’s American Horror Story? What do you think of The CW’s The Vampire Diaries in its fifth season? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.