Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:22:46 — 37.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
On episode 249, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Tina Charles (@TinaCharlesTV) from TVGoodness.com (@TVGoodness) to talk some cancellation and full season pickup news and discuss recent episodes of Jane the Virgin, Castle, The Flash, Marry Me, and black-ish. Plus, a reality check and some TV recommendations. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following five TV news stories:
- Madam Secretary, Scorpion, NCIS: New Orleans and Stalker Land Full Seasons at CBS
- Utopia Reality Series Cancelled By FOX
- NBC to End A to Z, Bad Judge
- NBC's Mysteries of Laura Gets Full-Season Order
- The Divide Cancelled By WE TV After One Season
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Jane the Virgin – S.1 Ep.3, “Chapter 3” (00:17:49)
- Castle – S.7 Ep.5, “Meme Is Murder” (00:29:37)
- The Flash – S.1 Ep.4, “Going Rogue” (00:36:43)
- Marry Me – S.1 Ep.3, “Scary Me” (00:48:40)
- black-ish – S.1 Ep.6, “Prank King” (00:55:28)
Amrie’s Reality Check (01:01:55)
Amrie talks a bit about recent episodes of Survivor, The Amazing Race, America’s Next Top Model, Top Chef and Utopia, Jason joins in with some On the Menu talk, and then along with Tina we close with a few thoughts on The Voice.
TV Recommendations (01:10:59)
- Jason recommended Better Off Ted with S.2 hitting DVD on Tuesday, November 25th – Watch all 26 episodes from both seasons via Amazon Instant Video/Prime, DVD, iTunes and Netflix.
- Tina recommended Transparent S.1, which is available via Amazon Prime.
- Amrie recommended Celebrity Name Game.
What do you think of the new overarching mystery storyline on ABC’s Castle? Have you been watching The CW’s Jane the Virgin and The Flash? Are you enjoying ABC’s black-ish as much as we are? Are you watching NBC’s Marry Me? Did you enjoy this week’s guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.