On episode 265, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Melissa Girimonte (@thetelevixen) from TheTelevixen.com to talk some cancelation and renewal news, the second season premiere of Broadchurch, and recent episodes of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Goldbergs, The Good Wife and The Last Man on Earth. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following eight TV news stories:
- ABC Teases How to Get Away With Murder Season 2 Renewal
- Baby Daddy Renewed For Fifth Season By ABC Family
- AMC Orders Two Seasons of The Walking Dead Companion Series
- Disney Channel's Jessie Ending After Season 4; Spinoff Ordered to Series
- HBO, Apple Announce Stand-Alone HBO Now Service On Apple TV, App Store
- Garfunkel & Oates Cancelled By IFC After One Season
- NBC Thursday Shake-Up: Allegiance Cancelled, The Slap on the Move
- TNT Orders More Cold Justice For Spring Premiere
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – S.2 Ep.12, “Aftershocks” (00:09:26)
- The Goldbergs – S.2 Ep.15, “Happy Mom, Happy Life” (00:17:16)
- Broadchurch – S.2 Ep.1, “Episode 1” (Season Premiere) (00:22:17)
- The Good Wife – S.6 Ep.14, “Mind’s Eye” (00:30:29)
- The Last Man on Earth – S.1 Ep.3, “Raisin Balls and Wedding Bells” (00:39:49)
Amrie’s Reality Check (00:46:59)
Amrie talks a bit about the new seasons of The Amazing Race and Survivor.
TV Recommendations (00:50:58)
- Jason recommended the TVShow Time app. Find it for Amazon Appstore for Android, Android, iOS or Web.
- Amrie and Melissa recommended Netflix’s Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
What do you think about the second season premiere of BBC America’s Broadchurch? Do you like what is happening on ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in season two? Do you love ABC’s The Goldbergs as much as Amrie and Melissa do? Did you start watching FOX’s The Last Man on Earth? What did you think about CBS’ The Good Wife? What did you think of this week’s guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.