On episode 273, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Kyle Nolan (@kyool) from NoReruns.net (@NoReruns) to talk some cancellation news and discuss the season finales of Mom, Madam Secretary, The Last Man on Earth and Gotham and a recent episode of The Good Wife. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following four TV news stories:
- ABC Cancels Revenge After Four Seasons
- NBC to Stream Full Season of David Duchovny’s Aquarius After Premiere
- Helix Cancelled By Syfy After Two Seasons
- USA Sets Broad Online Preview Strategy to Drive Mr. Robot Viewership
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Mom – S.2 Ep.22, “Fun Girl Stuff and Eternal Salvation” (Season Finale) (00:11:46)
- Madam Secretary – S.1 Ep.22, “There But for the Grace of God” (Season Finale) (00:19:19)
- The Good Wife – S.6 Ep.21, “Don’t Fail” (00:25:58)
- The Last Man on Earth – S.1 Ep.13, “Screw the Moon” (Season Finale) (00:37:22)
- Gotham – S.1 Ep.22, “All Happy Families are Alike” (Season Finale) (00:42:51)
Amrie’s Reality Check (00:53:45)
Amrie and Kyle talked about recent episodes of The Amazing Race and Survivor.
TV Recommendations (01:00:42)
- Amrie and Jason recommended CBS’ Mom – Watch episodes via Amazon Instant Video (S.1-2), CBS AllAccess (S.1-2), DVD (S.1) and iTunes (S.1-2).
- Kyle recommended NBC’s Welcome to Sweden – Watch episodes via Amazon Instant Video, DVD, Hulu/HuluPlus and iTunes.
Do you like CBS’ Mom as much as Amrie and Jason do? Did you enjoy the first season of CBS’ Madam Secretary? Are you less than enamored with how we’ve gotten to the end of this season of CBS’ The Good Wife? Did you hang with the entire season of FOX’s The Last Man on Earth? How about the first season of FOX’s Gotham? Did you enjoy this week’s guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.