Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:23:39 — 38.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
On episode 282, Amrie (@mytakeontv), Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) mention some cancelation and renewal news and then recap our trip to San Diego Comic-Con and all the panels, pressrooms and parties we attended and a very special fro-yo visit. Plus, we discuss recent episodes of UnREAL, Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy and close things out with a brief reality check and some TV related recommendations. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We mentioned the following 10 TV news stories:
- ABC Family's Stitchers Renewed for Second Season
- South Park Renewed by Comedy Central Through 2019
- HBO Renews Ballers for Season 2
- UnReal Renewed For Season 2 By Lifetime
- MTV Renews Teen Wolf for Season 6!
- A.D. The Bible Continues joins American Odyssey on NBC's cancellation heap
- I Can Do That Renewed for Second Season by NBC
- SundanceTV renews Rectify, its first original series, for season 4
- Bitten Season 3 Picked Up at Syfy
- USA Network Renews Suits for Sixth Season
San Diego Comic-Con Recap 2015 (00:03:49)
We talked about all the things we did while down in San Diego for Comic-Con 2015. The panels and pressrooms we attended, the parties we went to, the dinners we had, and how much fro-yo was eaten by answering the following seven questions:
- What was the best panel you attended each day? – More about the Con Man web series Rae mentioned.
- What was the best/worst pressrooms you attended each day? – Check out all of our Comic-Con coverage at MyTakeonTV.com and TVaholic.com. We’ll be posting all the video interviews we participated in as we get them edited and uploaded in the coming days and weeks. Specifically check out the Dark Matter cast interview from the convention floor.
- What was the best event you attended at night?
- Did you go through any of the stuff setup outside the convention center?
- What was the best/weirdest/strangest thing you saw while roaming around?
- What was the best piece of swag you came back with?
- What are your best memories/stories/etc. of Comic-Con 2015?
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following three TV shows:
- UnREAL – S.1 Ep.7, “Savior” (00:58:46)
- Melissa & Joey – S.4 Ep.19, “Put a Ring on It” (01:05:20)
- Baby Daddy – S.4 Ep.19, “Ring Around the Party” (01:07:17)
Amrie’s Reality Check (01:14:04)
Amrie briefly touched on Food Network Star, So You Think You Can Dance and Hollywood Game Night.
TV Recommendations (01:17:06)
- Jason recommended the TVShow Time app for keeping up with what you are watching.
- Rae recommended the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast.
Podcast Guest Appearance
Listen to Jason on Ep.11 of the TV Eye Podcast (@TVEyePodcast), as they talk about Syfy's Dark Matter and Killjoys.
Did you go to San Diego Comic-Con 2015? Did you follow Amrie’s frozen yogurt recommendation and go to Sweet Things San Diego? What did you most enjoy doing at Comic-Con? Are you still as enamored with Lifetime’s UnREAL as we are? Do you agree it is time for ABC Family’s Melissa & Joey to come to an end? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.