Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:16:30 — 35.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
On episode 293, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Curt Wagner (@ShowPatrol) of TVShowPatrol.com to talk a little bit of cancellation and renewal news and then preview the Cable & Streaming Fall TV Schedule followed by a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following two TV news stories:
Cable & Streaming Fall TV Preview 2015 (00:04:04)
We went over the 2015 cable & streaming fall TV schedule and gave premiere dates for new and returning shows and then talked about the shows we’ve seen ahead of time and the ones we’re looking forward to most.
- Sunday – New shows Agent X, Indian Summers and Into the Badlands and returning shows The Affair, Homeland, The Leftovers, The Librarians, The Royals and The Walking Dead. (00:04:28)
- Monday – New shows Childhood’s End and The Expanse and returning shows Fargo, Legends and Major Crimes. (00:12:09)
- Tuesday – New shows The Bastard Executioner and Donny! and returning shows Finding Carter, Manhattan and The Mindy Project. (00:19:17)
- Wednesday – New shows Casual, Moonbeam City and SuperMansion and returning shows American Horror Story: Hotel, Kingdom and Star Wars Rebels. (00:24:39)
- Thursday – New shows The Art of More and Benders and returning shows Haven and Longmire. (00:33:28)
- Friday – New shows Jessica Jones, The Man in the High Castle, Master of None and Red Oaks and returning shows Hemlock Grove, The Knick, Satisfaction and Transparent. (00:43:21)
- Saturday – New shows Ash vs. Evil Dead, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and The Last Kingdom and returning shows Da Vinci’s Demons and Doctor Who. (00:53:52)
Amrie’s Reality Check (01:03:14)
Amrie briefly talks about The Great Food Truck Race, America’s Next Top Model, Survivor and The Amazing Race.
TV Recommendations (01:05:51)
- Jason recommended The CW’s The 100 – Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD, iTunes or Netflix.
- Amrie recommended Hulu’s Casual, which premieres on Wednesday, October 7th – Watch on Hulu.
- Curt recommended a couple of streaming TV services, Acorn.TV and DramaFever.com. The former focusing mainly on British TV and the latter focusing on foreign dramas.
What cable shows are you looking forward to this fall? What streaming TV series are you going to check out this fall? Did you enjoy this week’s discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.