On episode 297, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Claire Gendel (@Clairetastic) from TVwithaTwist.com to talk some cancellation and renewal news and then discuss recent episodes of Gotham, Scandal and Supergirl, the series premiere of Wicked City, and the fifth season premiere of Grimm. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following seven TV news stories:
- CBS picks Life In Pieces up for a full season
- Grandfathered Joins Full-Season Club
- The Grinder Gets a Full-Season Order at Fox
- HBO Changes Its Mind, Cancels The Brink
- Truth Be Told: NBC Cuts Freshman Sitcom's Season 1 Episode Order
- Netflix renews cowboy-crime drama Longmire for Season 5
- New Star Trek Series Premieres January 2017
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Gotham – S.2 Ep.7, “Rise of the Villains: Mommy’s Little Monster” (00:13:22)
- Wicked City – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (Series Premiere) (00:24:12)
- Scandal – S.5 Ep.6, “Get Out of Jail, Free” (00:32:31)
- Grimm – S.5 Ep.1, “The Grimm Identity” (Season Premiere) (00:43:43)
- Supergirl – S.1 Ep.1, “Stronger Together” (00:56:20)
Amrie’s Reality Check (01:07:18)
Amrie briefly talked about the latest episodes of The Amazing Race, America’s Next Top Model, Project Runway and Survivor.
TV Recommendations (01:10:01)
- Amrie recommended Netflix’s Master of None, which premieres Friday, November 6th – Jason mentioned his Master of None preview over at TVaholic.com.
- Jason recommended Amazon Prime’s The Man in the High Castle, which premieres Friday, November 20th – Based on the novel of the same name by Philip K. Dick.
- Claire recommended E!’s The Royals, which returns for its second season on Sunday, November 15th – Official Site – Watch episodes via DVD or iTunes.
Did you check out the second episode of CBS’ Supergirl? Are you still watching FOX’s Gotham? Are you enjoying NBC’s Grimm as much as we are? What did you think of the series premiere of ABC’s Wicked City? Do you think ABC’s Scandal is running out of gas? Did you enjoy this week’s discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.