Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:01:36 — 42.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
On episode 401, Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) are joined by Kyle Nolan (@kyool) from NoReruns.net (@NoReruns) to talk some cancelation and renewal news and then discuss the series premiere The Rookie and recent episodes of Camping, Doctor Who, The Good Place and Single Parents. Plus, some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following 11 TV news stories:
- Single Parents Comedy Picked Up To Series By ABC
- CBS Picks Up God Friended Me, The Neighborhood and Magnum P.I. for Full Seasons
- Comedy Central Confirms Nathan for You Will Not Return for Another Season
- The Real World: Facebook Watch and MTV Studios to Create Three New Seasons
- The Cool Kids Scores a Full Season on FOX
- Animals Canceled After Three Seasons at HBO
- Manifest Lands Full-Season Pickup on NBC
- Netflix Cancels All About the Washingtons After One Season
- Netflix has canceled Marvel's Luke Cage
- It's the end of an era: Netflix cancels Orange is the New Black
- Disenchantment Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix, Returning in 2019
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Single Parents – S.1 Ep.4, “Beyoncé Circa Lemonade” (00:11:10)
- The Rookie – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (00:17:20)
- The Good Place – S.3 Ep.5, “Jeremy Bearimy” (00:25:35)
- Doctor Who – S.11 Ep.3, “Rosa” (00:33:43)
- Camping – S.1 Ep.1, “Going to Town” (00:42:23)
TV Recommendations (00:50:57)
- Jason recommended CBS' God Friended Me.
- Kyle recommended HBO's My Dinner With Hervé.
- Rae recommended Netflix's The Great British Baking Show.
Did you check out ABC's The Rookie? Are you still watching NBC's The Good Place? Do you like the new Doctor on BBC America's Doctor Who? Did you think HBO's Camping was a bad as we did? Are you still liking ABC's Single Parents? What did you think of this week's episode? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.