In our second episode, we go over some of the latest TV news like the CW ordering a full season of 90210, Diane Ruggerio working with Rob Thomas again on Cupid, and the latest in casting news. Then we delve into our topic of the week which is a discussion of when we have trouble seeing some of our favorite actors in new roles. Our most recent example being Joshua Jackson and how hard it is to separate his new character on Fringe, Peter Bishop, from his Dawson's Creek persona, Pacey Witter. We talk about several other examples such as Alyson Hannigan, David Boreanaz, Emily VanCamp, Hugh Laurie, Jason Dohring, etc. We explore several other aspects of the topic as well. Finally, we finish up with a primetime wrap-up from last week touching on the return of The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother as well as our new found love for Privileged and our immediate dismissal of Knight Rider. Other shows in our talk include The Emmys, Heroes, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, Prison Break, The Mentalist, House, Bones, and My Name is Earl.
Listen below and let us know what you think!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (31.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Episode 002 Notes:
- The CW has picked up 90210 for a full season and added Rebecca Kirschner as an executive producer. Read more at The Hollywood Reporter or Variety.
- There's a Partridge Family remake in the works!
- To get a more detailed breakdown of the ratings you heard on this episode, be sure to check out TV by the Numbers.
- If you liked Katie Herzig's music as heard on One Tree Hill, Army Wives, or Bones, be sure to check out her website where you can use NoiseTrade to download her album.
- Do Not Disturb has now been canceled but you can still read about the creators apologizing for their show not being funny.
- What you heard: Thanks to IODA Promonet for the song used in our intro and outro. Here's more information on where you can obtain the song yourself…
Asylum Street Spankers
“TV Party” (mp3)
(Yellow Dog Records)
Buy at Rhapsody
Buy at Amazon
More On This Album
Give us a call and hear yourself on the podcast! Our listener line is 213-985-3176. Feel free to give us a call and let us know what you thought of the podcast, which shows you're looking forward to the most this Fall, or give us suggestions for future podcasts.